Exploring the Latest in Racket Technology

Have you all had a chance to try out the new graphite composites in rackets — i’ve noticed a significant difference in feel and control during matches. It’s amazing how technology is changing our game. Would love to hear your thoughts on which brands or models are performing best for you right now.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‍‌‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌⁠‌​‍‌‌​‍⁠‌‍⁠‌‌‍⁠​‌‌‍​‌⁠‍​‌‌​⁠‌​‌⁠​⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍​⁠​⁠‌‍‍‍‌​‍​‌​​‌‌​‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I’ve been using a racket with a hybrid string setup, and it really enhances both feel and control — especially with those new graphite composites. I’ve found that a lower tension helps with power while keeping the touch, which is great for my volleys. Anyone else tried different tensions with these new materials?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‍‌‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠‍‌​⁠‌⁠​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​⁠‌‍​‌​⁠‌‍‌⁠​‌‌​⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌​⁠‌‍‌​‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‌‍​‌‍⁠​‌⁠​⁠​⁠‍‌‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌​⁠‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

And i’ve switched to a racket with those new composites, and I’ve found that pairing it with a softer grip really helped with comfort during longer matches. @julia_mason10, have you tried adjusting string tension with those frames? It can really change the feel.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‍‌‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠‍‌​⁠‌⁠​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​⁠‍‌‌⁠‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‍‌‌⁠​‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌‌⁠‍‌‌‍‌⁠‌‌​‌​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

It’s wild how much the new graphite tech can change a racket’s feel. I recently switched to a brand that offers a slightly stiffer frame, and I’ve noticed better spin potential on serves. You might want to check out the latest models by Wilson; they’ve been getting great feedback.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‍‌‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠‍‌​⁠‌⁠​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍​‌‌​‍​⁠​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‌⁠⁠​⁠‌‌‌‍‍⁠‌‍‍​‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌​​‍‌​‍⁠‌​‌⁠‌‌‍​​⁠‍​‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

, I totally get what you’re saying about feel and control! I switched to a racket with that graphite technology last summer, and pairing it with a slightly lower tension has really improved my touch at the net. But I’ve also found that sometimes a stiffer frame can mess with overall comfort, especially in long matches — @julia_mason10, what do you think?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‍‌‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠‍‌​⁠‌⁠​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‌‌‌‍​‌⁠‌‍‌‍‍⁠‌‌‍‍‌⁠‌​​⁠‌‌‌‍⁠‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍‌‌​‌‌​‍⁠‌​‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​